A school's Governing Board is a body established according to the Education Act. It is composed of the principal, vice-principals, parents, teachers, and representatives of non-teaching professionals and support staff, as well as community representatives. All decisions made by the governing board must be in the interest of the school. the students, the parents the school staff and the community. All committee members work in partnership to ensure that every student receives the best possible learning opportunity.
The Governing Board at Laval Junior Academy is comprised of:
- 8 Parents (Voting)
- 8 Staff (Voting)
- Principal and Vice-Principals (Non-Voting )
- 2 Members from the Community (Non-Voting)
- There may also be up to 2 substitute parent members who may be called upon to replace regular parent members who are absent from meetings of the governing board.
Parent members are elected at the Annual General Meeting which is held at the school prior to September 30 of each school year.
Topics that the Governing Board will address typically include:
- School’s educational project
- Standards and procedures for student evaluation
- Anti-Bullying and Anti-Violence Plan
- Services provided by the school, e.g.:
- Rental and use of premises
- Activities such as fundraisers, extracurricular activities, and field trips
- Allocation of any funds raised through a school activity
- Curriculum - Subject time allocation
- School’s annual budget
|Anthony (Tony) Beliotis||
|Joe Della Sala|
|Patrizia D'Ignazio||Substitute Member|
Support Staff Represntative
|Betty Aliftiras||Student Supervisor|
Professional Staff Representative
|Dominic Di Stefano||Spiritual Animator|
LJA Governing Board is pleased to welcome Mr. Jimmy Mourelatos, Ville de Laval Police Community Relations Officer, as its community representative.
|Eric Ruggi||Principal (Interim)||email@example.com|
|Irene Tsimiklis||Vice Principal - Sec. firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Sunday Skoufaras||Vice Principal - Sec. 2 (Interim)||email@example.com|
|Helen Kalipolidis||Vice Principal - Sec. firstname.lastname@example.org|
Governing Board meetings are held at LJA in the Library.
Everyone is welcome!
Dates for the 2019-2020 meetings will be announced in October 2019.
Our Annual General Assembly to elect our 2019-2020 Governing Board will be held on Tuesday, September 10th, 2019 at 7:00pm.
Governing Board Minutes
Minutes for 2018-2019
LJA GB December - no meeting
LJA GB February - no meeting
LJA GB Minutes June 2019 - to come
Minutes for 2017-2018
LJA GB March - no meeting