A school's Governing Board is a body established according to the Education Act. It is composed of the principal, vice-principals, parents, teachers, and representatives of non-teaching professionals and support staff, as well as community representatives. All decisions made by the governing board must be in the interest of the school. the students, the parents the school staff and the community. All committee members work in partnership to ensure that every student receives the best possible learning opportunity.
The Governing Board at Laval Junior Academy is comprised of:
- 8*** Parents (Voting)
- 8*** Staff (Voting)
- Principal and Vice-Principals (Non-Voting )
- 2*** Members from the Community (Non-Voting)
- There may also be up to 2 alternate parent members who may be called upon to replace regular parent members who are absent from meetings of the governing board.
Parent members are elected at the Annual General Meeting which is held at the school prior to September 30 of each school year.
Topics that the governing board will address typically include:
- School’s educational project
- Standards and procedures for student evaluation
- Anti-Bullying and Anti-Violence Plan
- Services provided by the school, e.g.:
- Rental and use of premises
- Activities such as fundraisers, extracurricular activities, and field trips
- Allocation of any funds raised through a school activity
- Curriculum - Subject time allocation
- School’s annual budget
Parent Representatives Parent Committee
|Joe Della Sala|
|Pino Alberga||Alternate Member|
|Patrizia D'Ignazio||Alternate Member|
|Betty Aliftiras||Student Supervisor|
Professional Staff Representative
|Dominic Di Stefano||Spiritual Animator|
This position is currently vacant.
LJA governing board is seeking a member of the community who would like to participate in governing board meetings and help provide positive support to our school within the Laval community. Please contact the Principal or the Chair if you would like to express your interest. Position is regretfully not open to staff members nor parents of children who are currently students at LJA.
|Irene Tsimiklis||Vice Principal - Sec. email@example.com|
|Helen Kalipolidis||Vice Principal - Sec. firstname.lastname@example.org|
Governing Board meetings are held at LJA in the Library.
Everyone is welcome!
October 30, 2018
November 20, 2018
December 11, 2018
January 29, 2019
February 26, 2019
March 26, 2019
April 30, 2019
May 28, 2019
June 11, 2019
Minutes from previous meetings
September 27, 2017
May 16, 2017
March 30, 2017
December 01, 2016
October 27, 2016
September 09, 2016