The greatest endeavour in education is to impart knowledge, inspire passion, and to facilitate the effective transfer of responsibility from adult to emerging adult.
Advanced Student Leadership is a journey that is open to all students to help them explore their interests and turn their passions into purpose-filled lives using the tools learned in the classroom.
Advanced Student Leadership is 21st Century learning that connects classroom knowledge with real world experiences for students in grades 5 to 11.
Students learn the skill necessary to construct life-long habits that nurture success academically, socially, and personally.
ASL provides a foundation to do the amazing while connecting classroom knowledge with real world experiences that make learning, make sense.
ASLeadership is transformative for young people as we move students from the role of spectator, to a participant, and into a stakeholder.
ASLeadership is challenging as we require that young people take calculated risks, work on authentic relationships, explore beyond their comfort zones, and develop acore value system that is true to themselves and honest with each other
WHAT ARE ASLeaders doing:
· Establishing and creating teams dedicated to action
· Mentoring elementary students in sport and play for healthy lives
· Creating 3D printed materials and working coding
· Building a greener world
· Leading awareness campaigns
· Working with global leaders (Microsoft)
· Establishing charities and work on awareness (Pink In The City)
· Participating in global discussions with the United Nations
· Working in collaboration with French private schools on producing TEDx Youth Laval
· Creating episodes for LEAVING TREAD MARKS our international podcast
· Rocky Mountains
· Costa Rica
· Quebec City
· Walt Disney World – Disney Institute
You can find out more about what ASLeaders are doing on our website; https://asl.swlsb.ca
Mens Sana In Corpore Sano Ut Prosim Aliis
Un esprit sain dans un corps sain au service des autres.
A healthy mind in a healthy body in service to others.