To check out our LJA Library Facebook page, click HERE
Due to the ongoing Covid-19 protocols, students must wear their masks in the library as it is a public area. Students will also be expected to sanitize their area before they leave.
Students may use the Library as a place to work and find information related to their interests, projects they are working on, or just for a really good book to read.
- During class times, students MUST present either their signed agenda, a hall pass, or a note from their teacher stating that they are allowed to be out of class.
- Students are expected to work quietly, and replace books and chairs after use.
- If the library is locked, students may return items in the Book Return Slot in both doors.
- To consult reserve items kept behind the counter, please ask the librarian.
COMPUTERS / PRINTING / PHOTOCOPYING
- Computers in the library are reserved for school work only. Students who are playing games on a site other than coolmathgames.com, who are using social networking sites (Facebook, Twitter, etc.) or who are fooling around will be asked to log off the computers and leave the library.
- Printing and photocopying is available to students.
- Black and White: $0.25 per sheet
- Colour $1.00 per sheet
- To borrow any materials from the library, students must have their student identification number.
- Students may only borrow materials for themselves.
- Students may borrow a maximum of 2 books at a time.
- Students may borrow a maximum of 1 movie at a time. Movies must be reserved in advance by the day before of the last school day of the week, and must be returned the morning of the first school day back.
- Class sets of books (books that the entire class is reading at the same time) do not count towards a student’s 2 book limit.
- Students are responsible for any items they borrow. If the item is lost, the student must pay the replacement cost and any late fees they may have incurred.
- Loan Periods:
- Books 10 school days
- Movies 1 movie, weekend loan only
- Reference overnight loans only
- Students must return overdue items before renewing a book or borrowing a new item.