(Math Enriched and two extra periods of Science)
An engaging program which allows students to explore the scientific, technological and mathematical worlds. Students benefit from an in-depth approach to the curriculum designed to foster scientific and mathematical curiosity. An inquiry-based approach allows students to develop logic, critical thinking and empirical skills which will serve them well in future studies and the wider world.
• Use of technology such as iPads, laptops, Raspeberry Pi, programming, and digital microscopes
• Interactive learning supplements such as Kahoot, Edmodo, Google Classroom, and Plickers
• Science Experiments such as separation techniques, acid/bases, mixture solutions, and simple machines
• Special presentations from Reptizoo and Birds of Prey presentation
• Explore learning (Virtual labs, Phet simulations)
• Field Trips such as the Armand Frappier Museum, Parc Omega, Granby Zoo, Planetarium, Montreal Science Centre, IMAX, and virtual tours